Registration Postmark Deadline
Welcome to the West Virginia All - State Band Website! We hope that you find this site user - friendly and helpful in finding updated information, audition requirements and audition postings for the West Virginia All - State Band. This site also will serve as a communications link between the All - State Band Chair, the Instrumental Music Educators of West Virginia and the West Virginia Bandmasters.
The 2015 West Virginia Music Educators Conference will be held in Charleston, WV, March 12-14. The 2015 West Virginia All - State Band conductor will be Dr. Emily Threinen from Temple University.
Here’s what to do to get registered;
1. Send an e-mail to Neil Randolph at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know you’re coming along with what instrument you’ll be playing in the band.
2. Send the $20.00 registration fee (yes, I’m sorry we couldn’t continue as free, but no state funding for this year) to Neil Randolph, 101 Harley Lane, New Cumberland, WV 26047. Checks payable to Phi Beta Mu.
3. If you’re staying Sunday overnight at The Waterfront, call or register online before Oct. 16 using the code 249550 to receive the discount on the room block. $99.00 gets you a King Room!
I’ve spoken with Christi Camper, the state arts coordinator, and she will get this up on their schedule of events on the state educational calendar. She has also said she plans to be there! Ask your county for a professional leave day. They give it to teachers in every other subject in other counties, why not us?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 304-387-9753 (my home phone)
Hope to see everyone there,
WVMEA Policy Statement: Student Eligibility for All-State Ensembles
In order to be eligible for participation in a WVMEA All-State Ensemble, a student must:
1. Be enrolled and participate in a school ensemble that regularly rehearses and performs within the local school district wherein he/she resides with his/her parents or legal guardians. Exceptions may be made when there is no eligible ensemble within the student’s district (e.g., no elementary choir, or orchestra for strings players). Each All-State Chairperson will determine student eligibility in these exceptions.
2. Be sponsored by their primary ensemble director/teacher, who must be an active member of WVMEA.
3. Be accompanied to the annual WVMEA conference by his/her teacher who must be registered to attend.
Home-schooled students are eligible to apply for WVMEA All-State Groups only if they are enrolled and participate in a school ensemble that regularly rehearses and performs within the local school district wherein they reside with their parents or legal guardians. Home-schooled students must participate in a similar ensemble for which they are applying (i.e., choral applicants in choral ensembles, instrumental applicants in instrumental ensembles).
Participation in community ensembles does not constitute the fulfillment of ensemble membership requirements. Students must attend a school registered with the West Virginia Department of Education to participate.
If any ineligible student is found participating in an All-State ensemble, he/she will be removed. He/she will be declared ineligible to audition the next year if he/she meets requirements and All-State application fees or participation fees will be returned.
Should any WVMEA member knowingly sign an All-State application for an ineligible student, no applications signed by that WVMEA member will be accepted the next year.
Calendar of Events
Registration Postmark Deadline
Late Registration Postmark Deadline